2 years | 1,000 members | 3,000 posts

Books, music, movies, sports, travel, technology, cars, gaming, jokes, shower thoughts… and any comments or suggestions regarding IFRScommunity.com
Marek Muc
Site Admin

2 years | 1,000 members | 3,000 posts

Post by Marek Muc »

There’s an occasion to celebrate: our community is 2 years old, we’ve just welcomed our 1,000th member and we’ve published over 3,000 posts so far!

I didn’t really know what to expect when I launched IFRScommunity.com 2 years ago. The first months after launch were rather quiet, it wasn’t until April 2019 that the forum saw new topics published once every few days. But even then, it didn’t feel like a real community. It was rather me answering questions asked by other members. Who knows how many pieces of bad advice went unchallenged ;)

The real breakthrough came in March 2020 (~1.5 years after the launch!) when exIFRS, JRSB and pub_acco joined the community (side effect of covid-induced lockdowns? :) ). Their vast knowledge and experience combined with willingness to share it created a real community with interesting discussions, different points of view and insightful observations. This is when I felt that this is all going to work for the first time. Thank you guys for making this happen! I’m also happy to see DJP onboard (joined in June 2020) who shares valuable insights from the realm of financial instruments (and not only).

You are the BIG 4 of IFRS Community ;)

Last but not least, many thanks to other members for sharing interesting real-life cases and joining ongoing discussions. This is the fuel for our community!

cheers
Marek
exIFRS
Trusted Expert

Re: 2 years | 1,000 members | 3,000 posts

Post by exIFRS »

Congratulations Marek, that is worth celebrating and you deserve to be proud of what you have built! :P
pub_acco
Trusted Expert

Post by pub_acco »

Congrats, Marek! I am still taking a lot of insights from the discussions and happy to be able to give some back to the forum ;)
JRSB
Trusted Expert

Post by JRSB »

Great! And principally of course amazing work by you Marek
Marek Muc
Site Admin

Post by Marek Muc »

thank you all :)
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

Thank you Marek. I find it very useful and interesting. Congratulations!
I hope to give some contribution to the forum.