What we are playing during the holidays

Books, music, movies, sports, travel, technology, cars, gaming, jokes, shower thoughts… and any comments or suggestions regarding IFRScommunity.com
exIFRS
Trusted Expert

What we are playing during the holidays

Post by exIFRS »

Okay so continuing a discussion from a different post. My games philosophy is I play 2 or so year old games when I can buy them for less than £20. My go to games are generally rpgs, and I waste far too much time on them. So I just finished Outer Worlds (at 1am), but was very disappointed. Taking a break for now, though I see God of War is on sale...
pub_acco
Trusted Expert

Re: What we are playing during the holidays

Post by pub_acco »

Playing discounted old games too :) I finished Assassin's Creed IV recently and it was great!
exIFRS
Trusted Expert

Post by exIFRS »

Ah yes, my daughter just finished Assassins Creed Odyssey, and loved it. Tried Valhalla and hated it, stopped after an hour, and then got a copy of Origins that she loves.
Marek Muc
Site Admin

Post by Marek Muc »

are you guys playing old discounted games because of nostalgia or to boost your savings? :lol:

Since I started a 9-5 work, I play only games that don't require much focus or thinking. But I tend to get caught up too deeply and it's safer for me not to play at all (sadly).
My last game was Rocket League but very quickly I began playing everyday for 2-3 hours, so I had to quit :)
exIFRS
Trusted Expert

Post by exIFRS »

Savings and stability. Seems these days first releases are more like beta's (not much of a Christmas for your friends at Project CD Red I am guessing). I am like you it seems, I get to invested, but it is probably my main hobby so I don't feel too bad about it :-) That being said I am going to take a bit of break to focus on planning for 2021, got to figure out how to survive another year.
Marek Muc
Site Admin

Post by Marek Muc »

yep, I sometimes pass by the CD Projekt's HQ and recently the lights were on even at 10 PM :) BTW, they use Polish spelling in their name, so it's "Projekt" :)
https://en.cdprojektred.com/

Survive another year? Now that you finally broke the chains from the EU, there will be milk and honey throughout the UK right? ;)
exIFRS
Trusted Expert

Post by exIFRS »

Marek Muc wrote: 30 Dec 2020, 11:38Projekt
Yeah, I totally screwed that up, I should have checked. CD Projekt Red.
Marek Muc wrote: 30 Dec 2020, 11:38 finally broke the chains from the EU
I am not going to touch this one! But for the record, I am just an interloper here in the UK (one of those terrible people that came here to steals jobs :-) ), though I am hoping to make it more permanent next year.
Marek Muc
Site Admin

Post by Marek Muc »

hopefully they won't kick you out!
Marek Muc
Site Admin

Post by Marek Muc »

PS. without going into the Brexit, I recommend Mindf*ck by Ch.Wylie. It's about Cambridge Analytica, but they played huge role in Brexit campaign. Generally a very interesting book