Inventory value in SAP

Topics related to universal accounting principles and best practices, local GAAP, audit, laws and regulations affecting financial reporting, and other financial reporting topics.
This is also the appropriate forum for beginners to ask any questions, even if they pertain to IFRS.
Al-Mahamud

Inventory value in SAP

Post by Al-Mahamud »

I find, Material master and FI of SAP are showing different value of inventory. Which value is authentic? As an auditor which value should i consider as real value of inventory? Can the value of MM( material master) be wrong?
Marek Muc
Site Admin

Re: Inventory value in SAP

Post by Marek Muc »

what's the reason for this discrepancy?
Al-Mahamud

Post by Al-Mahamud »

I have asked my audit client. They haven’t given explanation yet. I will inform you later. Thanks a lot for your response.
Marek Muc
Site Admin

Post by Marek Muc »

so what was the reason? :)
Al-Mahamud

Post by Al-Mahamud »

Yet i haven’t got any explanation from client. But my thinking is that, they have given manual entry in FI to manipulate the inventory
libris

Post by libris »

I assume the system is set up using the moving average price.
The material master will always contain the last moving average price. This amount can be updated after each inventory transaction, most frequently after a goods receipt. Other reasons why the moving average price can be updated is durign invoice approval where a price difference is detected. The individual inventory transactions such as waste or goods issue, will be posted using the moving average price of that moment.
Given this information, I can't really asses what your question is.