IFRS 16 Finance Lease in the books of Lessor

Topics related to universal accounting principles and best practices, local GAAP, audit, laws and regulations affecting financial reporting, and other financial reporting topics.
This is also the appropriate forum for beginners to ask any questions, even if they pertain to IFRS.
Yasaswi Gomes

IFRS 16 Finance Lease in the books of Lessor

Post by Yasaswi Gomes »

Hi,

Can someone help me with the journals for finance component and capital component lease rental receivables.

Lease Receivables a/c 10,000
To Lease Asset a/c 10,000

after de-recognising the asset like above, I have done the below

Lease receivables a/c 10,000- reconciled this from above entry
Add: Any initial costs 0
To Total Lease Income a/c 10,000

In the above entry, I have recognised the entire PV of Lease receivables which includes Interest+Capital. This is the same PV of Lease payments in Lessee’s book (Current liability+Non-Current liability= 10,000)

My question is, can I recognised the total lease Interest + Capital in SPLOCI-PL Cr.? Then when the cash payments are received, I will credit receivables e.g., 200 Interest+ 800 Capital elements annually.

Cash a/c 1000
To Lease Receivables a/c 1000- until the balance is Nil.

Or should I classify interest received and capital received separately? If so, can you please pass on the entries?

Txs.
Novice
Marek Muc
Site Admin

Re: IFRS 16 Finance Lease in the books of Lessor

Post by Marek Muc »

Hi, an example with entries is available here:
https://ifrscommunity.com/knowledge-bas ... ance-lease

to be honest, I don't understand your question, but hopefully the example above will help you