IFRS first time adoption

Topics related to universal accounting principles and best practices, local GAAP, audit, laws and regulations affecting financial reporting, and other financial reporting topics.
This is also the appropriate forum for beginners to ask any questions, even if they pertain to IFRS.
marea

IFRS first time adoption

Post by marea »

Hello community members,

What sources have you used when you implemented IFRS for the first time in your company. I am looking for sources that contain a lot of practical examples (books, big 4 publications, webinars, subscriptions etc). Any suggestions?
Marek Muc
Site Admin

Re: IFRS first time adoption

Post by Marek Muc »

I suggest looking for publications comparing your previous GAAP to IFRS , they will highlight major areas of focus. Are you in a country that is making a move towards IFRS or is it just your company?
marea

Post by marea »

Thank you Marek. I have already found a comparison made by a big 4 co.
The company is a first time adopter.
Marek Muc
Site Admin

Post by Marek Muc »

I was asking whether the whole country is making a move towards IFRS now, or is it just your company. In the former case, you should be able to find plenty of IFRS 1 publications focused on transitioning from your local GAAP. Other than IFRS 1, it's just general IFRS knowledge, so BIG4 publications, IFRS.org and IFRScommunity.com ;)
marea

Post by marea »

The company is moving toward IFRS, not the country.

I have found some publications IFRS 1, but they are quite old 2012 and 2009. Do you have any newer publications that you could share a link to them?
Of course, IFRS org and especially this IFRS community is a very valuable source. I believe I will post a lot of questions in the near future. ;)
Marek Muc
Site Admin

Post by Marek Muc »

I don't, but IFRS 1 hasn't changed much, you can use those a bit dated publications and track what has changed since then, e.g. on EY's page here:
https://www.iasplus.com/en/standards/ifrs/ifrs1
marea

Post by marea »

Thank you!