Report template/sample to communicate goodwill mpairment test outcome to client

All topics related to IFRS Standards.
Mau

Report template/sample to communicate goodwill mpairment test outcome to client

Post by Mau »

Hello wonderful people. I want to check if anyone could help with sample/template for communicating outcome of goodwll impairment test to client. Thanks
JRSB
Trusted Expert

Re: Report template/sample to communicate goodwill mpairment test outcome to client

Post by JRSB »

Not sure what you mean..

"Dear Sir, we have concluded you need to book an impairment of £1m against goodwill. Yours etc"
Marek Muc
Site Admin

Re: Report template/sample to communicate goodwill mpairment test outcome to client

Post by Marek Muc »

... and then some client-specific discussion if needed. For exampme, you can compare value in use vs last year and identify key drivers behind its decrease (lower cash flow projections, higher discount rate)
Mau

Post by Mau »

Thanks, always.
Mau

Post by Mau »

Hi,

Following an example in your writ-up below in computing carrying amount of a CGU. In my own case, I want to ask if LOAN RECEIVABLE qualifies to be part of CGU figure?

https://ifrscommunity.com/knowledge-bas ... lue_in_use

Calculation of recoverable amount of the CGU (value in use)

Calculation of carrying amount of the CGU:

3,760 Goodwill
7,230 Property, plant and equipment
1,320 Intangible assets
400 Other assets
12,710 Total carrying amount
Marek Muc
Site Admin

Post by Marek Muc »

no, loan receivable is a financial asset that is tested for impairment separately from non-financial assets
https://ifrscommunity.com/knowledge-bas ... mpairment/
Mau

Post by Mau »

This is noted. Thank you Marek. I am undoubtedly gaining knowledge from this community day-by-day.